All FIBRANgeo stonewool insulation products conform to the European Regulation (CPR) 305/2011, which replaced the European Directive 99/91/ EEC. In compliance with CPR, all types of FIBRANgeo stonewool products hold the CE marking and are in conformity with the European Norm EN13162, which refers to mineral wool insulation products used in building applications. Also, FIBRAN has created the Declaration of Performance for every product type which can be downloaded from: http://www.fibran.gr/dop. In accordance with the abovementioned European Νorm, every insulationmproduct acquires a designation code, which declares its technical characteristics.
GEO- EN 13162-Ti- CS(10)i- TRi- PL(5)i - CPi - WS - WL(P)i- MUi - SDi - AFri - AWi
- GEO – Factory made mineral wool insulation material, industrially manufactured from molten rock, slag or glass.
- EN 13162 – The European Standard number.
- Ti – Thickness Tolerances. Classes for thickness tolerances from the nominal thickness (e.g. Class T4 : - 3mm + 5mm).
- CS(10)i – Minimum compressive stress at 10% thickness deformation (kPa).
- TRi – Minimum tensile strength perpendicular to faces (kPa).
- PL(5)i – Point Load (N). Minimum compressive load (applied on a small area of 50 cm2) at 5 mm thickness deformation.
- CPi – Compressibility (mm). The max. difference between the thickness dL, under a light load of 0.25 kPa, and the thickness dB, under a load of 2 kPa (+ - 48 kPa).
- WS – Short Term Water Absorption (kg/m2) with partial immersion in water for 24 hours <1 kg/m2.
- WL(P) – Long Term Water Absorption (kg/m2) with partial immersion in water for 28 days <3 kg/m<3kg/m2.
- MUi – Water Vapour Transmission. The maximum ratio (factor μ) of water vapour diffusion resistance of the material to the resistance of an equal thickness of air.
- SDi – Dynamic Stiffness (MN/m3). The maximum ratio (factor s’) of dynamic compressive stress to dynamic change in thickness.
- AFri – Air flow resistivity (kPa s/m2). The minimum air flow resistance coefficient of 1m thickness material >5 kPa s/m2.
- AWi – Weighted Sound Absorption Coefficient. The value of the sound absorption coefficient αw in the frequency of 500Hz, measured on the standard weighted sound absorption curve.
- λD – Declared Thermal Conductivity (W/mK). The maximum expected nominal thermal conductivity during the material’s working life, at mean temperature 10 °C (greater than the test results), in accordance with EN 13162. Thermal conductivity λ (W/mK) is the heat amount transmitted through a layer of material, with 1 m2 surface area and 1 m thickness, when a constant temperature difference of 1 K is maintained between the layer’s faces.
- RD – Declared Thermal Resistance (m2K/W ). The minimum expected nominal thermal resistance during the material’s working life, at mean temperature 10 °C (less than the test results), in accordance with EN 13162. Thermal resistance R (m2K/W) is the ratio of the material’s thickness d to the material’s thermal conductivity λ.
- Fire Classification – Building materials are classified depending on their reaction to fire in Classes A1 (non-combustible), A2, B, C, D, E to F (no performance determined), in accordance with EN 13501-1.
The thermal conductivity λD and the thermal resistance RD, as well as the fire classification should also be declared.